Wednesday, October 22, 2014

I Like to Move It Move It..."

October 22, 2014

Dear Diary,

I have been thinking about trying to start exercising again . Before I was diagnosed with ITP in June and then Lupus in July, I had been exercising quite a bit.  I was outside walking or riding my bike a good 4-5 times a week. I was eating right and feeling good. Then out of the blue...BAM! My whole world changed. I have been in and out of the hospital twice since then and have been on heavy duty doses of prednisone, as well as Rituxan treatments, which I am still taking. I have my 3rd treatment tomorrow. I really hope they work for me.

Anyway, I have been thinking I need and want to start exercising again in small doses, especially when I feel like I can. I have some Leslie Sansone walk dvds which I have always liked because I can do them indoors, and I also have a Rodney Yee am yoga 15 minute video that a good friend gave me. And yes, while he is sagga bagga all the way, it is a very relaxing 15 minutes. So I got to thinking about Yoga. I already have a little experience with it and a mat, so I figured I will try to find a yoga class to go to. I want to find one to go to because I think it will create more variety in my workouts, it will be community based because I will be doing it with other people, and it will get me out of the house, so even though I am still indoors exercising, I will have had to get out to go do it. This is important to me because I already feel like a shut in sometimes.
Photo from Imgarcade.com

And so I came across this great article. Yoga and Lupus: An Introduction. from the blog, Living Well With Lupus. After reading it I am sure that yoga is the form of exercise I want to invest in next. One thing I really like about yoga and always have is the whole Zen mind and body connection. I believe in that connection and I meditate so it just seems like yoga be my next extension of  dealing with my Lupus and ITP.

I need to "move it, move it" and I want to. Wish me luck in finding a class.

~ Me

No comments:

Post a Comment